My Italian heritage strikes again.
This past summer I took advantage of my mother always having fresh mozzarella cheese in the house. To say mozzarella cheese is a staple in our house would be an understatement. Combine mozzarella with tomatoes and basil pesto hummus, well you have yourself a winner!
- 2 slices of bread (I used whole wheat)
- 1/2 small tomato
- 1 oz. mozzarella cheese
- 6 artichoke hearts
- 2 Tbsp Sabra Basil Pesto Hummus
- Spread hummus between the two slices of bread
- Slice the tomato and artichoke hearts and place on pieces of bread
- Layer with mozzarella cheese.
- Fold sandwich halves