Sandwiches – I love them. I could (and sometimes do) eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They are so versatile – no one sandwich has to be the same!
Lately I have been obsessed with all things barbeque. The sweet, smokey flavor adds a nice punch to any savory dish. Why I never thought to add this condiment into a sandwich earlier is beyond me, but better late than never.
The other star of this meal – the bread. Sourdough bread will and forever be my favorite. I found this whole wheat sourdough bread at a local health food store. So flavorful, so good.
Cheesy Smokin’ BBQ Chicken Sandwich
- 2 slices of whole wheat sourdough bread
- 2 slices of Applegate Farm BBQ Sliced Chicken Breast
- 2 Slices of Sargento Ultra Thin Provolone Cheese
- 1 cheese wedge
- 1 fresh Roma tomato
- 1 Tbsp BBQ Sauce
- Gather your ingredients
- spread both slices of bread with the cheese wedge. I used Stop & Shop White Cheddar, but any cheese wedge will work.
- On one slice of bread place the deli meat.
- On the other slice of bread place the cheese.
- Drizzle both sides with the BBQ sauce
- Slice the Roma tomato and place on either slice of bread.
- Toast the sandwich until the cheese has melted.
What is your favorite sandwich condiment?