I am sorry if you are all tired to seeing copious amounts of squash recipes. I just can’t help it, I am a squash addict. Some people love acorn, some adore butternut but my favorite will always be buttercup. I’m still not quite sure what the difference between kabocha and buttercup is…I tried to do some research but couldn’t find a whole lot. I’ve had some that were stringier and yellow while others have been starchier and more orange. Regardless, I love this squash. Not only is it extremely versatile (sweet, savory, Italian, Thai, Mexican, etc), but it is full of Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Fiber. Pretty eyes, healthy immune system, healthy GI tract = win win (source).
The real star of this show was the Trader Joe’s Bruschetta Spread. I used it as the sauce and it is divine. As Loreli Gilmore would say, I wanted to take a bath in this sauce. So delicious. If you see this, buy it!
Chicken Pesto Bruschetta Stuffed Buttercup Squash
- 2 oz of pasta
- 1/2 Butternut squash (or any squash really)
- 1/4 cup Trader Joe’s Bruschetta Spread
- 4 Chicken Pesto Chicken Meatballs (I used Nature’s Promise)
- Sprinkle of parmesan cheese
- Seasonings – garlic powder, salt, pepper and basil
- Preheat the oven to 385
- Slice butternut squash in half, take out the seeds and save the other half for another time.
- Coat half the squash with nonstick cooking spray and bake face down for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, boil the pasta water. Cook the pasta as the directions on the box.
- Take the squash out of the oven, turn over and season with desired spices.
- After pasta is done cooking, add Bruschetta spread and chicken meatballs to pasta pot and stir.
- Once combined stuff the squash.
- Put back in the oven for another 10 – 12 minutes.
- Take out, let cool and enjoy!
What is your favorite squash?