I hate pie.
There I said it. Now, don’t get me wrong – I have a sweet tooth, but there is just something about that chunky, syrupy gooey fruit crushed between a delicious, flakey butter crust that just makes me want to gag. Pie & I just don’t get along. However, if you remove what I call the “chunkies” in pie (i.e. fruit) then I would be happy to take a slice of your hand Specifically Key Lime Pie. Normally I am all about chocolatey, cheesecakey, red velvety desserts, but Key Lime Pie is the one fruit dessert I adore. Good thing that Key Lime is making a flavor come back in the yogurt world.
Enter inspiration for one of my favorite breakfast combinations as of late!
Serving: 1 person
- 1 Chobani Key Lime Yogurt Container
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Maranatha’s Coconut Almond Butter
- 1 Honey Graham Clif zBar
- Handful of Blue Diamond Toasted Coconut Almonds, crushed/chopped
- Combine yogurt, dry oatmeal and chia seeds into a container.
- Place in the fridge overnight to allow the oatmeal and chia seeds to absorb the liquids from the yogurt
- In the morning, top with crumbled zBar, crushed coconut almonds and almond butter
- Enjoy a doughy, fiber filled breakfast!
What is your favorite type of pie?