After 5 blissful weeks hibernating in New England (seriously – what was up with that weather?!), I am back in Blacksburg to finish up my senior year.
I’m not going to lie, I blatantly told my parents they would have to drag me kicking and screaming to the airport. For some odd reason I am not ready to be back at Tech. I feel like I had just gotten home and then was being put back on a plane. Thankfully I have a really awesome friend who met with me for Starbucks 1 hour after I got to campus. Combine that with a Macados tradition & Pitch Perfect and I am finally feeling ready to finish this year out with a bang! (Side note: how awesome is Fat Amy!?)
However, when I was home I rekindled a breakfast favorite. Well actually, it was never a favorite. I always sprung for waffles, pancakes, oatmeal and cereal before french toast. For some unexplained reason, I went on a major french toast kick and nothing could stop me.
Cinnamon Sugar French Toast
Serves 1 hungry runner
- 4 slices of whole wheat bread
- 1 Tbsp of Cinnamon Swirl Peanut Butter
- 1 packet of splenda
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- heaps of cinnamon
- splash of milk
- Gather ingredients & preheat a frying pan to medium heat
- In a large bowl, combine extra large egg, vanilla, splenda, cinnamon and milk
- Beat mixture until thoroughly mixed
- Dip slice of bread to coat each side evenly
- Add to pan
- Cook until golden brown
- Repeat with remaining slices (I usually fit 2 in a pan)
- Top with peanut butter
- Enjoy :D
Now that is a fabulous way to start the day!