Long story short: I come back down to Virginia expecting warmer conditions after
freezing staying at home in Connecticut only to be greeted with 17 mph winds and a high of 18. Yeah – not cool. Although I can’t complain too much. My first day of classes consisted of 1 class that let out early. Naturally, I came back to make a warm breakfast because frigid temperatures really don’t make me excited to be outside. Enter one of my favorite oat bran recipes!
Mocha Almond Oat Bran
- 1/2 cup Oat Bran
- 1 cup of coffee
- 1 packet sweetener of choice
- 1/4 cup Blue Diamond Coffee Mocha Almonds
- 1 Tbsp Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter (or any nut butter/spread of choice)
- Chocolate Chips
- Combine the oat bran, sweetener and coffee into small sauce pan
- Place sauce pan on stove and put on medium heat setting.
- While the oat bran thickens, gather the almonds, chocolate chips and spread
- Chop almonds
- When oat bran is done cooking to your desired consistency place into a bowl
- Top with almonds, cookie butter and chocolate chips
- Place in the microwave for 15 seconds
Ahhhh…warm cookie butter & chocolate chips – can’t beat that flavor combo!
Almost makes the weather acceptable…almost…