….to see a lot of squash recipes in the near future.
Can’t. Get. Enough.
Not just any squash though, Buttercup Squash. Oh my lanta, that stuff is good. I have no shame in admitting that I came home from the grocery store with three of those babies. Hoarder much? Perhaps, but at least I am getting a ton of Vitamin A to help with my declining eye sight, right?
This recipe is all the way back from Thanksgiving Break when my mom was kind enough to make her homemade meatballs & homemade sauce. Needless to say, it was probably one of the best meals in quite some time.
- 1 small buttercup squash
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 3-4 meatballs, cut in halves
- 4 Brussels Sprouts, cut in halves
- Garlic Powder, Basil, Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 385
- Cut the squash in half, remove the seeds and innards
- Coat the squash with a little bit of olive oil and season generously
- Place the squash upwards and proceed to bake for 45 minutes.
- While the squash is cooking, heat a sauce pan to medium heat
- Sautee the Brussels sprouts until they are golden brown
- Add the meat balls to the pan to warm them up.
- Combine the sprouts & meat balls with the tomato sauce in a small bowl
- After 45 minutes remove the squash from the oven and stuff it with the sprouts, sauce & meatballs
- Put back in the oven while you clean the dishes.
- Remove & ENJOY
Looks like a lot of steps, but really it is a piece of cake since most of the cooking is just the squash baking in the oven.