Sorry I have been so MIA for the past few weeks. I have a good excuse, if you let me explain.
If you follow me on Twitter, then you would have seen that I recently moved into a townhouse with my roommate/best friend/twin (no she’s not my actual twin, but we are pretty much the same person with a few exceptions). Not going to lie when I tell ya’ll that living off campus is SO much better than a dorm. I really enjoyed the whole decorating/moving in process. It is also nice to be cooking every night. Naturally, to kick off my junior year I made a beautiful bowl of oat bran, which I haven’t done since high school. Enter an epic creation:
Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bran
- 1/2 cup of oat bran
- 1 Tbsp of Peanut Butter
- 1 Banana
- 1 cup of Water
- Sweetener to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp of Cocoa Powder
- 1 mini sized Clif Dipped Chocolate Peanut Bar (or 1/2 of full size bar)
- Turn on stove to medium heat
- Combine water, oat bran, cocoa powder and sweetener in a small sauce pan
- Place on stove top until the oat bran begins to swell – cook to your desired consistency. Longer for thicker/dryer oats and shorter for runnier oats
- Remove from stove top and pour oat bran into a bowl
- Top with sliced banana, peanut butter and Clif bar
I know what you all are thinking – why couldn’t you just make your oat bran in the dorm via microwave? Well, I am picky. I love my oat bran on the stove because I find the taste/consistency is SO much better – super thick, dense and almost cake batter like. Trust me, once you have ‘em stove top you never go back.
What was your first meal in your new pad?