Did you guys honestly think I could not go a few post without a new sandwich creation? Because, I can’t. I just enjoy them way too much. Lately the theme has been Italian inspired and I’m certainly not one to complain considering Italian food is one of my favorite cuisines.
Roasted Red Pepper Eggplant Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices of bread (I used Whole Wheat Oatmeal)
- 2 slices of Muenster cheese
- 2 Tbsp of Trader Joe’s Red Pepper Spread
- 1 baby eggplant, sliced
- Season to taste (I loved basil, garlic powder, salt & pepper)
- Heat a small pan to medium heat
- Drizzle the pan with olive oil and add sliced eggplant with seasonings; while eggplant cooks heat another pan/skillet to medium heat
- Stir fry until the eggplant cooked and remove from pan
- Assemble the sandwich, spreading the red pepper spread on both slices of bread, 2 slices of cheese and the eggplant in the middle.
- Head sandwich until golden brown on both sides
You know this baby is good when cheese is oozing from the center. Just sayin’