in my sandwich that is!
First off – can we just give a BIG Congrats to all the lady marathoners today!? Epic race. I do feel bad for Desiree Davila because she had to pull with a hip flexor injury
Confession: about 4 months ago was the first time I had ever had roast beef. I was always a turkey & chicken kind of gal when in game to my lunch meat. One night I decided to switch it up at my favorite sandwich spot and I was so glad I did! Not only does roast beef taste great, but it is a lean option when choosing red meat and has more iron than chicken and turkey! Iron can only benefit runners – healthy red blood cells allow for more oxygen to be transported to muscles during intense exercise, thus preventing fatigue! And I must say, roast beef taste pretty darn good!
Sautéed Spinach & Garlic Roast Beef Sandwich
- 2 generous handfuls of spinach
- 1/2 tomato, sliced
- 2 slices of Boars Head London Broil Roast Beef
- 2 slices of bread (I used whole grain oatmeal by Pepperidge Farm)
- 1 Laughing Cow Garlic & Herb Cheese Wedge
- 2 TBSP of Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
- In a small skillet/pan, crank the dial to medium and lightly coat the pan with cooking spray/olive oil
- While the pan is heating, combine the ricotta & laughing cow cheese wedge. Feel free to add extra seasonings & spread onto two slices of bread
- Slice tomatoes.
- Once the pan is heated, add the spinach and saute for a couple minutes – until spinach is deep in color and a little wilted, but not dried out.
- Place spinach on one slice of bread.
- Top the spinach with the sliced tomatoes & roast beef.
- Place other slice of bread on top to complete the sandwich
Now tell me – what is your favorite sandwich creation?