There are no words to describe my love for artichoke hearts.
There are no words to explain how much I enjoy the creamy texture of ricotta cheese
There are no words to justify my adoration for a good sandwich.
There are no words to do this sandwich justice.
Oh – I went there.
Let me give you some background. There is this killer sandwich/Irish bar in Blacksburg. Honestly, I’ve had many a great sandwich creations there. However, nothing beats their spinach and artichoke dip. Warm, creamy, artichoky & garlicy don’t even begin to describe the amazing flavors from that dip. I blame my best friend for getting me addicted to that stuff ;) Yes Shannon, I’m talking about you! The two of us make a monthly trip to our beloved restaurant and since school is out, I had a major craving for some good spinach and artichoke dip. Alas, I really wanted a sandwich for lunch. Why I didn’t think of this earlier, I really do not know.
- 2 Slices of Bread (I used whole wheat)
- 2 slices of MeunsterCcheese
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- 5 Artichoke Hearts
- 2 Tbsp of Part Skim Ricotta
- Garlic powder, Salt, Pepper and Basil (Basil is optional)
- Olive Oil for the pan
- In a small skillet, heat up some olive oil on low/medium heat
- Add your seasonings (garlic powder, salt, pepper and basil)
- Add your spinach and cook until it turns deep green and wilty
- While the spinach is cooking, combine your 2 Tbsp of Ricotta and artichoke hearts in a bowl. Add a little garlic powder to the mix.
- Once the spinach is done cooking, add the spinach to the ricotta/artichoke heart mixture and stir
- Spread the spinach & artichoke dip onto two slices of bread.
- Place the two slices of muenster cheese on top of the spinach & artichoke dip on one of the slices of bread
- Take other slice of bread and make into a sandwich
- Place onto a small skillet that is greased with olive oil
- Flip when bottom is golden brown
Just go make this sandwich. Now :)