I realized I have not talked about running once since starting this blog, so I thought I should probably recap my past week in running. If you assumed running is a huge passion of mine then you’d be correct. I enjoy training for an upcoming race because it gives me motivation to get out the door when I’m just not feeling it. Right now, I am not in “training” per say, my dad and I are still working out the logistics for my next marathon but I still like to pretend that I am.
Mileage –> 72.55
Honestly, this is pretty normal for me – give or take a few miles. It feels great to get back into my routine. Between finals, moving out of the dorm and starting my internship I had to take lots of rest days (no complaints) and adjust my schedule.
Reflections of the past week:
- Hills are killer – running in Virginia is a lot easier.
- Hills make for killer leg muscles.
- New York drivers are aggressive & don’t care about the little girl running on the side of the road if they have places to be
- Ditto to teenagers
- Hot weather really drains me – pace & energy wise.
Of course I can’t leave you without some food – after all runners need fuel ;)
Sundried Tomato Basil Pesto Chicken Wrap
In the wrap:
- 1 large whole wheat tortilla
- Laughing Cow Sun-dried Tomato Cheese Wedge
- Trader Joe’s Sweet Basil & Pesto Chicken/Turkey Sausage
- 1 large zucchini
- Handful of sun-dried tomatoes
I sauteed the zucchini to soften it & spiced it up with basil, oregano and Italian seasoning.
That’s a wrap!
P.S Follow me on twitter :)